- How to register a domain?
- How to transfer a domain to FOR.ug?
- How to configure the domain’s DNS settings?
- How to add or renew an SSL certificate?
- How to force using an SSL connection on a website?
- Free SSL certificates for hosting plan VIP
- Where can I find the current prices of services?
- How to check payment history?
- How to generate invoices for paid services?
- Basic parameters for email configuration
- How to manage an email account?
- How to increase mailbox space?
- Basic parameters for FTP configuration
- How to manage an FTP account?
- How to log in to the online FTP client on FOR.ug?
- Basic parameters for database configuration
- How to add a database and a database user?
- How to access PhpMyAdmin?
- How to create a backup?
- How to move your website from computer to hosting?
- How to restore a website from your own backup?
- How to move your website from another hosting?
- How to configure your .htaccess
- How to get Google to index my website?
PrestaShop is one of the most popular content management systems for online stores.
You can install PrestaShop "manually", but it is easier and faster, if you use our quick installation.
Before you begin the installation, you must create a database. To do this, go to the Databases section in the control panel and click Add.
After you have created a database, go to the Software section in the control panel and click Add in front of Prestashop.
In the popup window enter the path to the directory to which you want to install PrestaShop. If nothing is entered, it will be installed to the root directory of the domain on FTP. Click Add.
After that click "Go to installation folder" on the top of the page.
Choose the language and click "Next".
Read the license agreement and conditions in front of "I agree to the above conditions", click "Next".
Enter the name of the store and other informations.
In the next step, enter the name of the database, user name and password. Check the connection to the database.
Once the installation is complete, delete the "Install" folder on the FTP.
URL to the admin panel in Prestashop should look like this:
happyuser.for.ug/admin68264h, where happyuser.for.ug is your webpage address, admin68264h - a unique code that may be found on the FTP in the directory to which you have installed this CMS - the name of the folder - 'admin68264h' - is a unique part of the URL.